7 tips when preparing for the holiday season
The end of the year is fast approaching and I know you're already getting in the holiday spirit.
If you're not already, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday (BFCM) need to be something you are thinking about. How are you preparing?
Here are a few ideas that may boost your SEO efforts and help your BFCM this year.
- Get ahead of coupon search queries and add a deals page to your Shopify store to increase traffic.
- Add more content to pages that are lacking. Focus on landing pages such as a collection page or product page that could use some love.
- Double-check that your meta title and description are present on your website. Many SEO apps override these fields and if you delete the app, they may not replace the code.
- Test your email flows all work as expected. Things like abandoned carts, email sign-ups, and back-in-stock notifications are often left untested. I can't tell you how many back-in-stock notifications I've requested with nothing but crickets.
- Add internal links for products that are sold out or may sell out quickly to alternative products. Don't let your customer reach a dead end.
Test your checkout! Ensure customers can go through the entire process of making a purchase. Randomly pick a product and buy it. If you run into any hiccups, fix it.
- Evaluate your structured data to make sure it's up to snuff or contact me for your free structured data audit. Remember that structured data plays a huge role in your Google Ads as well.
With a 7-day free trial, there's no better time to install JSON-LD for SEO. We'll make sure your structured data looks good so that when Google visits your site, they'll be more likely to award you with Rich Results.