JSON-LD for SEO has some advanced features that can be enabled using metafields.
Metafields act as extended data in Shopify but they aren’t shown anywhere to administrators.
Instead you will need to use either the Shopify API, a Shopify App, or another tool to create and update metafields.
Below are a list of recommended tools to manage your metafields. These aren’t developed or supported by me but have come recommended by Shopify experts and store owners.
Try one or two and use the one that you like the most.
- Metafields Guru – Shopify app. This is what I use most of the time.
- MetaFields Editor – Shopify app. It’s free and quick but the interface is kinda developerish and it only supports Product metafields
- Metafields2 – Shopify app
- Shopify FD – Chrome extension or browser extension
- Shopify Custom Fields – Chrome extension or browser extension
All metafields intended for JSON-LD for SEO should be placed under the