One of the great benefits of using Shopify for ecommerce is the many apps merchants can use. Shopify has a pretty robust process of allowing apps into their marketplace, however there are on some that get through who shouldn’t have.
Shopify had been trying to work with Beeketing, and their secondary company, BoostFlow, to resolve inadequate support for merchants and abuse of marketing tools. Without success, Shopify has announced they will be removing their apps from Shopify effective August 27, 2019.
An example of the abuse of marketing tools includes those little popups on stores that lead visitors to believe other people are purchasing from the site. For me, those always seemed fishy and now you know, they most likely aren’t real.
The apps being removed are:
- Sales Pop by Beeketing
- Countdown Cart by Beeketing
- Facebook Chat by Beekteting
- Better Coupon Box by Beeketing
- Personalized Recommendation by Beeketing
- Happy Email by Beeketing
- Mobile Converter by Beeketing
- Boost-Sales – Upsell – Cross-sell by Beeketing
- Recover Cart Pusher by Beeketing
- Checkout Boost by Beeketing
- Mailbot Email Marketing by Beeketing
- Happy Messenger by Beeketing
- Countdown Timer & Sales Pop Up by BoostFlow
The above apps will be automatically removed from all stores but I also encourage you to remove the apps yourself through the Shopify Admin to ensure all their code is removed. Removing apps and their associated code is pretty simple but if you need help, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Read Shopify’s announcement and their list of recommended replacement apps.
If you have questions on other apps to use, let me know.